The Palace on Wheels offers an opportunity to explore northwest India’s most spectacular sights in the style of the maharajas and maharanis. Made up of 16 period carriages, the train features lounges, two restaurant carriages and double and twin – bedded cabins with en suite facilities, all furnished in classic Rajput style.
7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
Delhi – Jaipur – SawaiMadhopur – Chittorgarh – Udaipur – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur – Bharatpur – Agra - Delhi
DAY 1 Delhi
The tour starts in the evening with a ceremonial welcome aboard the Palace on Wheels. Relax with a drink at the bar. Dinner will be served on board in its two restaurants. Depart Delhi for Jaipur. Dinner & overnight on Board.
Day 2 Jaipur
Arrival in Jaipur. Visit Hawa Mahal - Palace of wind followed by the amazing JantarMantar-Astronomical Observatory. Lunch at Amber Fort followed by an elephant ride up to the fort. Return back to train and later enjoy sumptuous dinner in a luxuriousJaipur hotel, return to Palace on Wheels.Special Arrangements of the day include lunch venue at famous Amber Fort and visit of Albert Hall.
Day 3 Ranthamboreand Chittorgarh
Morning arrival in SawaiMadhopur, and drive to Ranthambore for a morning of wildlife viewing. The Ranthambhore tiger reserve at junction of the Aravali and the Vindhyas is a unique juxtaposition of natural and historical richness.Lunch on Board.Enjoy the afternoon on train as it travels the lush green country side before arriving to Chittorgarh. Visit Chittorgarh Fort - considered as the largest fort of India.
Day 4 Udaipur
Arrive Udaipur . Breakfast on board and Lunch at Sun set point - Open air restaurant where enjoy a view of Lake Palace andJagmandir. Visit to Crystal Gallery, enjoy boat ride on lake pichola and back to train for dinner. Departure to Jaisalmer.
Day 5 Jaisalmer
Arrive Jaisalmer - Golden city of Rajasthan.Visit Jaisalmer Fort and World Famous Havelis. Enjoy lunch at local hotel. Enjoy Camel Ride and witness breath taking sand landscapes at Sam Sand Dunes. Evening Tea, Sun set & Dinner with Bar-be-que, at Samdhani.
Day 6 Jodhpur
Special welcome on arrival and sightseeing of mighty Mehrangarh fort and JaswantThada followed by lunch at gorgeous UmaidBhawan Palace. In afternoon there is some time at leisure before returning to the train and departing for Bharatpur. Dinner on board.
Day 7 Bharatpur and Agra
Early morning visit to Bharatpur, one of the finest bird sanctuaries in the world. Enjoy breakfast and bird watch at the sanctuary. Continue to Agra to explore the majestic Taj Mahal and Agra fort. Enjoy the Light & Sound culture show in evening. Return to train for overnight journey to Delhi.
Day 8 Delhi
Arrive and later transfer to onward Hotel / International Airport.
COST OF PACKAGES
*Optional:Return International flight tickets from UK to Delhi/Mumbai can be included at an additional price
ABOVE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International Flights, Airport Tax, Travel insurance charges and Visa fees.
- Tips for Driver, Hotel Staff, Escorts & Guide etc.
- Personal expenses like drinks, laundry, telephone calls and porterage etc.
- Liabilities due to loss of baggage, accident, injury or medical needs.
- Liabilities due to flight cancellation, and any extra cost involved due to transhipment occurring due to road blocks etc.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Costs of camera tickets are not included in any of our tours.
- The cost has been calculated on the basis of existing tariffs/conditions and any charge in cost or modification in tax structure will oblige us to revise the same.
- Taj Mahal is closed on Friday, Lotus Temple is closed on Monday.
- The cost has been calculated on the basis of base category of rooms andincase of non availability of same, supplement as applicable for higher category of room would be extra.
- The booking is subject to deposit of 20% of tour value at the time of confirming the booking.
- Between 1 July and 30 September each year the Ranthambore National Park is closed.
- There will be a 10% surcharge levied on the tariff for the trips falling during Christmas (25th December) and New Year (1st January).
- Best time to travel – October to March.
- Booking is as per first come first serve, since the seats are limited kindly book in advance.
- This document is a proposal of itinerary / quotation and not a confirmation of booking.